Clinton D. Humphrey, MD, FACS
Dr. Clint Humphrey is an Associate Professor of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Kansas Health System. He is the co-director of the fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Humphrey's practice locations include both KU MedWest and the Main Campus.
Dr. Humphrey received his MD (Magna Cum Laude) from the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO. He then completed an internship in General Surgery and a residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Kansas Medical Center. After completion of his residency, Dr. Humphrey was a fellow in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery under mentors J. Regan Thomas and Dean Toriumi at the University of Illinois-Chicago.
Education and Training
- BA, Microbiology, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- MD, Medicine, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- Internship, General Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Residency, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Clinical Fellowship, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Illinois-Chicago, Chicago, IL
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Kansas State Board, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- State of Missouri , Missouri Board of Healing Arts
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow, 2010 - Present
Dr. Humphrey has been actively involved in both clinical and basic science research throughout his career at the University of Kansas Health System. His team has published numerous scholarly journal articles including their work on the physiology of composite graft survival in a rabbit model, forehead flap nasal reconstruction, cartilage grafting in rhinoplasty, facial trauma repair, thermal imaging to objectively measure nasal airflow, and creation of synthetic image repositories for facial aesthetic research using machine learning.
- Lu, G., N, Tawfik, O, Sykes, K, Kriet, J., D, Durham, D, Humphrey, C., D. 2018. Association of Skin and Cartilage Variables With Composite Graft Healing in a Rabbit Model.. JAMA facial plastic surgery
- Ho, Tina., T, Sykes, Kevin, Kriet, J., David, Humphrey, Clinton., D . 2018. Cartilage Graft Donor Site Morbidity following Rhinoplasty and Nasal Reconstruction. Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction, 11 (4), 278-84
- Ho, T., T, Cochran, T, Sykes, K., J, Humphrey, C., D, Kriet, J., D. 2017. Costal and Auricular Cartilage Grafts for Nasal Reconstruction: An Anatomic Analysis.. The Annals of otology, rhinology, and laryngology, 126 (10), 706-711
- Flynn, John, Lu, Guanning., N, Kriet, J., David, Humphrey, Clinton., D . 2019. Trends in Concurrent Orbital Floor Repair During Zygomaticomaxillary Complex Fracture Repair. JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery