Benjamin Skoch, DO
Dr. Ben Skoch is an Assistant Professor of Palliative Medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center, and has served in this role since completion of his fellowship in 2018.
Dr. Skoch received his Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Kansas City, MO in 2014. He completed his residency in Family Medicine at Research Medical Center also in Kansas City, MO in 2017.
Professional interests include education of medical students, residents and fellows through bedside instruction and didactic learning. Dr. Skoch also enjoys lecturing to various professional societies locally and regionally.
Education and Training
- BS, Biology, Rockhurst University, Kansas City, MO
- DO, Osteopathic Medicine, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO
- MBA, Healthcare Leadership, Rockhurst University, Kansas City, MO
- Residency, Family Medicine, Research Medical Center, Kansas City, MO
- Clinical Fellowship, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Kansas License, Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Missouri License, Missouri Board of Registration for the Healing Arts
- Kansas City Society of Palliative Medicine, Treasurer, 2020 - 2022
- Skoch, Benjamin., M, Sinclair, Christian ., T. 2020. Management of Urgent Medical Conditions at the End of Life. Medical Clinics of North America, 104 (3), 525-538. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcna.2019.12.006
- Skoch, Benjamin., M. 2020. That Good Night: Life and Medicine in the Eleventh Hour. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 23 (8), 1139. https://doi.org/10.1089/jpm.2020.0029