FY 2020 Application
On behalf of the Executive Vice Chancellor's Office, we are calling for applications for the FY2022 KUMC Biomedical Research Training Program Award
BRTP FY22 SUBMISSION DEADLINE is Friday, Oct. 29, 2021, at 5:00 pm
The BRTP supports applicants who are committed to pursuing externally funded training opportunities such as individual fellowships from the NIH (e.g., F31, F32), NSF, DoD, or private foundations, or contributing to development of institutional training programs (e.g., T32) from the NIH or private foundations. Pre- and post-doctoral fellows in funded basic science, clinical, and translational research laboratories are eligible. In brief, program requirements are as follows:
- We will accept only one application from a given laboratory.
- Previous BRTP awardees are ineligible.
- Applications are to be written by trainees, with feedback and input from mentors
- The applicant's mentors' primary academic appointment must be in the School of Medicine, Health Professions, or Nursing at The University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Mentors of pre-doctoral candidates shall be members of the Graduate Faculty and all Mentors shall have secured funds for the trainee's salary and support of the research project.
- A plan for how the BRTP will be used to enhance this external application should be included.
- The BRTP application components and formatting guidelines have been revised to reflect the NIH F award application. The goal is for applicants to generate a preliminary draft.
Application will open September 2021
Applications will be reviewed and scored based on the following criteria:
- Previous training and productivity of the candidate;
- Quality of the proposal, especially regarding potential for external funding;
- Strength of the training plane and the Mentor's record for training students and fellows.
The 2022 BRTP awards will be contingent on the availability of funds.