Armando M. Villanueva, MD
Dr. Armando Villanueva is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Dr. Villanueva received his medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in 2015 and proceeded to complete Internal Medicine residency at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. Clinical and research interests include hospital medicine and primary care focusing on hospital quality improvement, geriatric medicine and palliative care.
Education and Training
- BA, Biology, University of Missouri - Kansas City
- MD, University of Kansas School of Medicine
- Residency, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Internal Medicine, Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Doctor, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- American College of Physicians, Member, 2015 - Present
- American Medical Association, Member, 2015 - Present
- Shannon, Robert, Estupinan, David, Villanueva, Armando. 2016. On My Honor.. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 19 (4), 464. https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/jpm.2015.0410
- Melendez-Rosado, Jose, Thompson, Kathelene, Villanueva, Armando. 2017. Reducing unnecessary testing: an intervention to improve resident ordering practices.. Postgraduate Medical Journal, 476-479. https://pmj.bmj.com/content/93/1102/476
- Cornell, Lauren, Colon-Ortero, Gerardo, Villanueva, Armando. 2018. Incidence and Risk Factors for development of cardiac toxicity in patients treated with anti-HER agents: Mayo Clinic Experience. ASCO
- Villanueva, Armando, Shaughnessy, Gaja, Ung, Steven. 2018. • 70-Year-Old-Female with Sudden Onset of Chest Pain and Diaphoresis. . Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 93 (4), E35-E39. https://www.sciencedirect.com/sdfe/pdf/download/eid/1-s2.0-S0025619617305992/first-page-pdf