Archie A. Heddings, M.D.
Archie A. Heddings MD, is an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery specializing in the treatment of fractures and complications of fractures. Dr Heddings attended Kansas University Medical School where he received his M.D. He completed a residency in Orthopedic Surgery at The University of Kansas Hospital. He attended the Twin Cities Orthopedic Trauma Fellowship at Regions Hospital in St. Paul, Minnesota, and Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He then returned to The University of Kansas Health System after his fellowship to join the Orthopedic Department as a traumatologist.
Education and Training
- MD, Medicine, Univ. of Kansas-Medical Ctr.
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Orthopedic Trauma, Hennepin County/Regions Hospital, St. Paul, MN
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Board Certification in Orthopaedic Trauma, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- State of Kansas
- Kansas Orthopaedic Society, Inc., Member, 2006 - Present
Current Research and Grants
- Identifying Predictive Factors for Trauma Recidivism , self funded, Other
- The BIOBURDEN study, Department of Defense METRC research studies, Other
- The Outlet study, Department of Defense METRC research studies, Other
- The STREAM Study, Department of Defense METRC, Other
- Tucker, W., A, Birt, M., C, Heddings, A., A, Horton, G., A. 2020. The Effect of Postoperative Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs on Nonunion Rates in Long Bone Fractures.. Orthopedics, 43 (4), 221-227
- Barnds, Brandon, Bounajem , George, Schroeppel , John., P, Mullen , Scott, Heddings, Archie ., A, Vopat, Brian. 2019. Simultaneous Bilateral Knee Dislocation During Weight Training: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. . JBJS Case Connector, 9 (1), e5
- Moazzam, C, Heddings, A., A, Moodie, P, Cole, P., A. 2012. Anterior pelvic subcutaneous internal fixator application: an anatomic study.. Journal of orthopaedic trauma, 26 (5), 263-8
- Cole, P., A, Gauger, E., M, Anavian, J, Ly, T., V, Morgan, R., A, Heddings, A., A. 2012. Anterior pelvic external fixator versus subcutaneous internal fixator in the treatment of anterior ring pelvic fractures.. Journal of orthopaedic trauma, 26 (5), 269-77
- Heddings, A., A, Friel, K., M, Plautz, E., J, Barbay, S, Nudo, R., J. 2000. Factors contributing to motor impairment and recovery after stroke.. Neurorehabilitation and neural repair, 14 (4), 301-10