Ann M. Davis, PhD, MPH, ABPP
Ann Davis graduated from the University of Kansas with a dual degree in Psychology and English. She attended Western Michigan University for her PhD in Clinical Psychology, and completed her psychology internship at Father Flanagan's Boys Home in Nebraska. After a two year research fellowship at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center she returned to her native home in Kansas, to accept a faculty position at the University of Kansas Medical Center in the Department of Pediatrics in 2001.
Education and Training
- BA, Psychology & English, Univ. of Kansas, Lawrence , Kansas
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Western Michigan Univ., MI
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Western Michigan Univ., MI
- MPH, Public Health, University Of Kansas Medical Center , Kansas City , KS
- Society for Pediatric Research, Member, 2016 - Present
Ann M. Davis, Ph.D., MPH, ABPP is the Ralph L. Smith Professor of Pediatrics and Director of the Center for Children's Healthy Lifestyles andamp; Nutrition as well as Vice Chair for Research in Department of Pediatrics at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She and her team study healthy behaviors in children and family, conduct clinical trials of empirically supported interventions, and enjoy studying the application of interventions to unique and under-served populations.
Current Research and Grants
- Rural Disparities in Pediatric Obesity: The iAmHealthy Intervention, NIH, PI
- The Safety and Efficacy of Megesterol as Part of iKanEat, NIH, PI
- Sunflower Pediatric Clinical Trials Research Extension (SPeCTRE 2.0), NIH, PI