Onboarding Process for SHP-SOM-SON New Faculty Members
Arrive. Achieve. Advance.
Welcome to the faculty at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Once you have accepted the terms of, and signed your offer letter you are officially a "new" faculty member in one of our three schools: Medicine, Nursing or Health Professions. At that point, you should receive or request your KUMC system log-in from your school or department, and complete this on-line procedure so you know what needs to be completed before your first date of employment.
The three schools, the School of Health Professions, the School of Medicine, and the School of Nursing, along with the the Office of Graduate Studies comprise the academic units of the University of Kansas Medical Center located in Kansas City, Kansas.
Your faculty appointment may also include affiliation with:
- University of Kansas (as a state employee and faculty member)
- The University of Kansas Hospital
- University of Kansas Physicians Inc. (UKP)
- University of Kansas Research Institute (RI) (anyone bringing or planning to begin research of any kind, or moving an existing grant with them)
This On-Boarding Process guides you through requirements for each affiliation with your appointment including tasks necessary before you can see patients or begin your research. This process includes routine human resource steps and orientation for payroll and benefit serves. Your school, department, division, center or institute may may "drill down" from this process and require additional, specialty related steps.
Your On-Boarding Ambassador, a non-faculty member who may be appointed by your school or department, is your resource or "go-to person" for administrative and basic orientation to work questions: logistical issues, facility tours, and introduction to people in your school, department division, center or institute.
All new SOM faculty begin here: Onboarding Process for New Faculty in the School of Medicine
- Questions? Please contact the School of Medicine Faculty Affairs and Development (FAD) office.
All new SON faculty begin here (new on-line version is under construction)
- Questions? Please contact Kayla G. Williams, Project Manager for Faculty Relations in the SON Academic Affairs Office 913-588-1678 | firstname.lastname@example.org
All new SHP faculty begin here: Onboarding Process for New Faculty in the School of Health Professions
- Questions? Please contact Jeff Radel, associate dean for academic and student affairs, School of Health Professions.