Skip to main content.

Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I apply for KU scholarships?

KU scholarships are all awarded through separate departments. Please visit the KU Endowment Scholarships page to find out who to contact about applying for KU Scholarships.

2. I have received a scholarship from an outside organization/foundation. Who should the check be made payable to? 

Checks should be made payable to the University of Kansas Medical Center and can be mailed to:
University of Kansas Medical Center
Student Financial Aid
MS 4005
3901 Rainbow Blvd
Kansas City, KS 66160

3. I have received a scholarship check and it is made payable to me and KUMC. What do I do with the check and letter? 

Please endorse the check over to KUMC and submit any enclosures with the scholarship check.

4. Do I have to report outside scholarships I've received to the Financial Aid Office? If so, how do I report them?

Yes, all financial aid recipients who are awarded scholarships are required to report other resources to the Student Financial Aid Office. Scholarship awards must be coordinated with your financial aid package. You can report your scholarships online when you accept your financial aid award through Enroll & Pay. You can also send Student Financial Aid Office a copy of your congratulatory letter from the organization/foundation.

Student Financial Aid

University of Kansas Medical Center
Student Financial Aid Office
Mailstop 4005
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, Kan. 66160

Location: G035 Dykes Library
: 913-588-5170
Fax: 913-588-8841