Skip to main content.

Medical Residency and Relocation Loans

Funds cover the expenses associated with a student's residency program and the cost of relocating to the location where they will complete their residency training.

Residency and relocation loans are available to medical students who are enrolled in their final year of medical school, enrolled at least half time, and will receive their medical degree during this academic year.

The student must acknowledge that these funds will only be used to cover the expenses associated with their residency program, including the costs of interviewing for their residency program and the cost of relocating to the area where their training will happen.

Listed below are the names of lenders that offer residency and relocation Loans. You may also wish to contact your own bank to see if they offer such a loan program.

Our department cannot recommend a lender for you. If you have any questions about the loan, please contact the lender.

Medical Student Residency and Relocation Loans

Sallie Mae
Residency & Relocation Loan

For more information, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid, 913-588-5170 or email

Student Financial Aid

University of Kansas Medical Center
Student Financial Aid Office
Mailstop 4005
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, Kan. 66160

Location: G035 Dykes Library
: 913-588-5170
Fax: 913-588-8841