1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after October 1 to receive aid for the following year. Our school code for the FAFSA is 001948. Our PRIORITY deadline is March 1, though late applicants are still eligible for financial aid.
2. You will need your FSA ID to complete the FAFSA and required supporting documents. If you have forgotten it, you are able to obtain it when completing your FAFSA. You will also need your FSA ID to access your federal student loan records on the Federal Student Aid site.
3. You and the school will receive results of the FAFSA in the form of a Student Aid Report.
4. If necessary, Student Financial Aid will send you a missing information email requesting the information required to complete the awarding process. Your application will remain in a pending status until the requested information is received. Once all requested information is received, your file will be reviewed for accuracy and completeness. You will only be contacted at this point if additional information is required.
5. Once your completed file has been reviewed, financial aid awards are offered.
6. You will be notified by KU Medical Center email that awards are offered on your Assign Awards screen on Enroll & Pay. The email will have instructions on where and how to access and accept or decline awards on Enroll & Pay. Prior to accepting your awards, review your prior federal loan balances on the Federal Student Aid site.
7. If you accepted a Federal Direct Student Loan and this is the first Direct Loan you have borrowed, you are required to complete an online Master Promissory Note (eMPN).
8. If you are a first time Federal Direct Student Loan borrower you are required to complete the Loan Entrance Counseling and Quiz.
9. If you want financial aid for summer 2021 and beyond, please fill out the Summer Aid Request Form. Please choose the form that corresponds with your degree level.
10. For loans in summer 2021 and beyond, all federal loan borrowers must complete Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement (ASLA). This is a new requirement and is necessary each year before a loan is disbursed.
11. Student Financial Aid will make every attempt to process the financial aid that you accepted by the scheduled due date for tuition and fees. Staff may be required to work with various entities to receive funds by the scheduled due date.
12. Financial Aid funds will be applied to your student fee account at KU Medical Center, which includes educational tuition and fee charges. Any outstanding charges will be deducted from the aid applied. Typically, one half of your aid is credited to your account for the fall term and the other half is credited for the spring term. Any remaining amount due must be paid by the due date to the Student Financial Accounting Office. If you are expecting a refund you will be notified by an email from Student Financial Accounting when your refund is available. Accounting recommends that you sign up for Direct Deposit to have excess funds deposited to an account you designate. You can sign up for direct deposit on Enroll & Pay in the Student Center section.