Skip to main content.

Student Name and Contact Info

The Registrar's Office can help students and alumni change their name, update addresses and switch out emergency contacts.

Official Change of Name

Your official name is what appears on transcripts and other official academic records. You can request to change your official name by completing an Official Change of Name e-Form along with approved documentation.

Accepted documentation includes one of the following:

  • Driver's license
  • Photocopy of a marriage license
  • Court order
  • Social security card

When you officially change your name, your email account will also change to reflect your new last name. However, the login that you use to access electronic services does not change. If there is already an account established that is identical to your new name, you will receive a phone call from staff sharing your new username.

If you only want to change your preferred name, you can make the change via Enroll and Pay. Your preferred name only appears on faculty class rosters and other non-official lists.

Change of Address

  • Address Types
    • The following are the address types that you should update and the purpose of each address type. It is important to have an address listed for each type even if it is the same address.
      • Jayhawk: Address where you live while school is in session
      • Permanent: Address where you can always be reached
      • Billing: The university sends notice to students about bills via email. This address is used to send bills if notice as well as other important financial documents, like 1098-T tax documents, cannot be sent to a KU Medical Center-issued email account. You can grant access to someone else to view your bill via Enroll and Pay.
  • Current Students
    • Update your address through Enroll and Pay. This should be updated in the Campus Personal Information section.
  • Alumni
    • Please notify the Registrar's Office of any changes via email or standard mail. To properly and timely process the request, include:
      • Name
      • Student id number or SSN
      • New address
      • Mail to:
        • The University of Kansas Medical Center
          Registrar's Office
          MS 4005
          3901 Rainbow Blvd.
          Kansas City, KS 66160

Emergency Contact Information

In case of an emergency, it is essential that all students have updated emergency contact information on file with the university. To assist our communication with you or on your behalf, update your emergency contact information via the Emergency Contact Info link in Enroll and Pay. Your cooperation in providing this information is appreciated.

Emergency Text Messaging

In times of campus emergency, the university may utilize text messaging for students who have signed up for the service. Standard messaging rates with your cellular provider may apply. In order to sign up for emergency text messaging service, update your cell phone number in the "Emergency Contact Info" link in Enroll and Pay.

Registrar's Office

Registrar's Office
University of Kansas Medical Center
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Mailstop 4005 
Kansas City, KS 66160