Graduation Honor Cords
KU Medical Center honors those who serve or have honorably served in the U.S. Armed Forces with Military and Veteran Honor Cords to wear at graduation.
Honor Cords for Graduation
The red, white and blue cords are a special recognition to show KU Medical Center's gratitude and respect for the men and women who have made an unwavering commitment to both their nation and their academic studies.
This is a voluntary program. Students and faculty attending graduation must apply and pick up a cord. Cords will be provided at no cost to eligible students and faculty.
If you have applied for graduation and meet the following criteria:
- Honorably discharged veteran student
- Currently serving military student (Active, Guard, Reserves)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
How to Verify Status
- Must present your DD-214 (veterans) or valid military ID card (Active/Guard/Reserve) to verify status.
Get Your Cords
Cords for Fall graduates will be available in early December. Cords for Spring graduates will be available in early May.
- Kansas City campus
- Students pick up in the Registrar's Office, G035 Dykes Library.
- Faculty pick up cords in 1011 Murphy the week prior to graduation.
- Wichita campus: Academic and Student Affairs office
- Salina campus: Deans Administration Offices
Stop by the Registrar's Office in G035 Dykes Library or email firstname.lastname@example.org.