If you enjoy learning, but aren't looking for a degree or course credit, enroll in an undergraduate or graduate-level course as an auditing student.
Enroll as an Auditing Student
Individuals may enroll as an auditing student in KU Medical Center undergraduate and graduate-level courses. These are classes intended for enjoyment, not for credit towards a degree.
If you enroll as an auditing student, the university will issue a grade of "NE" or "Not Evaluated" for all courses you take that semester. This grade signifies the inability of those courses to be used towards a degree or to be transferred to another university.
To audit a course, complete the Application for Auditing A Course Form (PDF) and submit it to the Registrar's Office.
- If auditing during a semester, you cannot also be enrolled in courses for university credit.
- A $100 non-refundable auditing student fee is assessed each semester a student audits a course(s). This fee can be paid through Enroll and Pay and must be paid by the semester due date. Late enrollment or late payment fees may apply.
- Auditing students are not assessed regular tuition or the KU Medical Center campus fee and do not have access to campus student services.
- In order to audit a course, the student must have the approval of the instructor.
- An auditing student cannot enroll in more than six hours in a given semester.
- Audited courses cannot be changed retroactively to count toward a degree.
- Applications are not processed until one week before the first day of classes.
- The Registrar's Office will contact the auditing student regarding their enrollment status once the application has been processed.
Please contact the Office of the Registrar at 913-588-7055 or email@example.com with any questions.