Visiting Medical Students
Visiting medical students may apply to any available elective at the KU School of Medicine and will be considered after KU medical students have been scheduled.
Away Rotation Recommendations
We anticipate following the recommendations outlined below:
- Away rotations will resume no earlier than July 5, 2021.
- Students may begin applying for in-person away rotations after April 15 for rotations starting on July 5, 2021, or later.
- The number of away rotations allowed is limited to one (four-week rotation) per student.
- Due to reduced capacity, fewer students will be accepted for rotations than in a non-COVID typical year.
- Accepted students will be required to be fitted for an N-95 Mask in advance of their rotation.
- Visiting students accepted for a rotation will be required to pay a nominal fee of $110.00 once they receive a bill from Student Financial Accounting.
Visiting Medical Student Application Process
The KU School of Medicine Kansas City Campus utilizes the AAMC Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) to receive visiting M.D. and D.O. student applications.
Visiting students will be considered only after KU School of Medicine students have been scheduled. Eligible rotations and dates are listed in VSAS. Date ranges will be closed to new applications once capacity has been reached. We do not accept off-cycle dates for rotations.
A complete application must be received 30 days prior to the start of the rotation in order to be considered.
- Kansas City Campus Application Requirements and Process
- Kansas City Campus Acceptance Information
- Visiting International Student Information
The University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita may have different processes and dates.