Skip to main content.

F-1/J-1 International Students

We offer educational programs through the KU Schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. Students on an F-1 visa must meet full-time status and show proof of funding. J-1 Visa students have funding from an outside source or are on a short-term exchange program.

Application Process

As an international student, you must apply to a program, and be accepted before any immigration document (I-20 or DS-2019) will be issued to you. For information on the application process, we suggest you visit the page associated with the KUMC program you are applying to.

Once accepted by a program, the department will request the appropriate immigration document for you. You will need to complete a questionnaire and provide supporting documents such as a copy of your passport identification pages and proof of funding.

If you have received notice of your acceptance and have not received an email from the Office of International Programs, then please contact an OIP Inbound Programs advisor.

Incoming International Students

We suggest that you visit the EducationUSA website. This website will provide you an overview of the educational systems in the USA, how to apply for a visa, and tips on making adjustments to life in the USA. The publications on this site are published in six different languages.

Information for Incoming International Students

KU Medical Center Forms
Other Government Forms
Academic and Student Affairs

University of Kansas Medical Center
Office of International Programs
1017, 1018 & 1019 Dykes
Academic Affairs
Mail Stop 3033
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66160