F-1/J-1 International Students
We offer educational programs through the KU Schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. Students on an F-1 visa must meet full-time status and show proof of funding. J-1 Visa students have funding from an outside source or are on a short-term exchange program.
As an international student, you must apply to a program, and be accepted before any immigration document (I-20 or DS-2019) will be issued to you. For information on the application process, we suggest you visit the page associated with the KUMC program you are applying to.
Once accepted by a program, the department will request the appropriate immigration document for you. You will need to complete a questionnaire and provide supporting documents such as a copy of your passport identification pages and proof of funding.
If you have received notice of your acceptance and have not received an email from the Office of International Programs, then please contact an OIP Inbound Programs advisor.
Incoming International Students
We suggest that you visit the EducationUSA website. This website will provide you an overview of the educational systems in the USA, how to apply for a visa, and tips on making adjustments to life in the USA. The publications on this site are published in six different languages.
Information for Incoming International Students
KU Medical Center Forms
- AR-11- Change of Address
- AR-11 SR- Change of Address for Special Registrants
- Change of Address USCIS Online Form
- I-539- Application to Change or Extend Nonimmigrant Status
- I-765- Application for Employment Authorization (EAD)
Other Government Forms
- SS-5- Social Security Number Application
- Application for ITIN: Individual Taxpayers Identification Number
- Driver's License Application Instructions: Missouri or Kansas