Employment Based Permanent Residency and O-1 Visa Requests
To request authorization to petition for either Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) status or for an O-1 visa, follow these steps.
How to request LPR status or an O-1 visa
The University of Kansas Medical Center can sponsor and petition for Legal Permanent Residence (LPR) status or an O-1 visa (Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement) on behalf of an employee, but the university's signing authority must first approve the petition. That signing authority is currently Robert M. Klein, Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs.
To request authorization to petition for either LPR status or O-1 visa, the sponsoring department should do the following:
- Contact the Office of International Programs (OIP): Kimberly Connelly (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Irina Aris (email@example.com)
- Consult with a university approved attorney
- Complete request form and provide supporting documents
- Submit the completed packet to the Office of International Programs: Kimberly Connelly (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Irina Aris (email@example.com)
- OIP will forward the request to the Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs for review and consideration
Petitions that require a university signature must be filed by a university-approved attorney. Currently, that attorney is:
Judy Bordeau, Managing Attorney
Bordeau Immigration Law, LLC.
For any questions or more information, please contact Kimberly Connelly (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Irina Aris (email@example.com).