Global Bridges Program
Meet new people, grow as an individual, prepare for and adapt to international experiences and increase your understanding of the world through the Global Bridges program at KU Medical Center.
Global Bridges, a service offered by the Office of International Programs, connects you with a partner on campus or in the community who shares an interest in developing multicultural awareness.
Sharing information and experiences about culture and language, history, values and lifestyles can help you meet new people, grow as an individual, prepare for and adapt to international experiences and increase your understanding of the world around you.
- Connect students who have completed an international educational experience with students who will be going to the same country
- Connect international visitors to the local population for language and culture exchange purposes
Students who will participate in an International Education Experience
- Helps students to know what to expect, which will reduce anxiety
- Helps reduce culture bumps so students will be able to focus more on their purpose and less on cultural missteps
- Prepares students on what is expected of them during their international experience
Students who have completed an International Education Experience
- Communicating newly developed cross-cultural knowledge and skills will help with retention
- Communicating international experiences to others helps the individual understand and process emotions associated with the experience
- Eases adjustments to Kansas City, KS, USA culture
- Improves cross-cultural communication
- Provides emotional support/improves sense of belonging
- Increases integration with KU Medical Center and the KC area
- Enhances the American cultural experience
Faculty, Staff and KUMC Students
- Professional development: Improves cross-cultural communication skills
- Personal development: Learn about other countries and cultures
Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to the Office of International Programs, 5010 Wescoe.