Our awards are presented by Faculty Affairs to faculty members in all three schools: Health Professions, Medicine and Nursing.
- Faculty Award for Scholarship in Community Engagement: For excellence in developing, implementing and sustaining regional scholarship initiatives.
- Executive Vice Chair Diversity and Inclusion Award (Login required): Recognizes significant achievements of faculty, staff, departments, units and registered organizations toward developing and enhancing a more culturally diverse, competent and inclusive university community.
- Chancellor's Club Teaching Professorship: Recognizes sustained excellence in teaching and are awarded only to persons who have demonstrated outstanding teaching competence over an extended period of years. Recipients hold these chairs, which carry an annual stipend, for as long as they remain active as teachers and full-time faculty members at KU Medical Center.
- Chancellor's Club Research Award: Recognizes exceptional achievements that have had significant and long-term impact on a research field.
- Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award: Recognizes and rewards demonstrated teaching ability of a clearly superlative nature.
- Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) Awards: Honor the accomplishments of women faculty and non-faculty who help to promote the careers of women faculty and staff.
- Glendon G. Cox Leadership Award: Honors a member of the KU Medical Center academic medical community as a leader recognizes contributions made in an extraordinary fashion and at a consistently high level over a span of many years.
- Faculty Research Investigator Award: Recognizes and honors significant research accomplishments by the faculty of the University of Kansas Medical Center. Open to all three campuses.
- Research Administrator Award: Recognizes and honors significant administrative support to the research enterprise of KU Medical Center. These awards are given to research support administrators who have evidence of their significant support to research accomplishments and a high potential for sustained productive research support in the future.
- KU Medical Center Alumni Awards: Recognizes exemplary alumni and honorary alumni who have made a difference in the university, community or beyond.
- Ruth Bohan Teaching Professorship: Recognizes excellence in teaching and seeks to continue the tradition of outstanding education in the medical school.
- Executive Dean's Distinguished Mentoring Awards: These awards recognize faculty members who demonstrate an exceptional commitment to mentoring the school's junior faculty, residents and post-doctoral students.
- Stata Norton Distinguished Teaching Award
- Lou Loescher-Junge Service Award
Learn more information about awards and the application process for the KU School of Nursing Faculty Awards.
- Karen L. Miller Visionary Award
- MacArthur Research Grant Award
- Phyllis Keeney Lawrence Award
- Jean Johnson Research Grant Award