Skip to main content.

Resources for Students, Residents and Fellows

Students the schools of Health Professions, Medicine or Nursing have access to confidential services and support.

Counseling Services

Kansas City:

Between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays (non-holidays), students, residents and fellows experiencing a crisis (e.g., a traumatic event or thoughts of harming themselves or others) may contact our Counseling and Educational Support Services office at 913-588-6580.

  • Students can contact Veridian Behavioral Health for counseling services available at two clinic locations in Salina. Call 785-452-6113.
  • Residents in Salina have access to an Employee Assistance Program from Health Advocate. Call 877-240-6863.
  • Medical students can access personal counseling resources through the Academic & Student Affairs SharePoint site or by calling 316-687-0006.
  • Residents in Wichita have access to an Employee Assistance Program from EMPAC. Call 316-265-9922. 

Student Ombudsperson

The Office of the Student Ombudsperson is safe space for students on our three campuses to discuss problems or issues within the university. The Ombudsperson treats all inquiries as confidential. To access services, call 913-588-4698.

Recommendations from The University of Kansas Health System

Our clinical partner offers a robust list of self-care resources, online relaxation tools and apps, as well as patient care information.

Visit the health system