About the University of Kansas Medical Center web site
The KUMC Web Site Does Not Provide Medical Advice
- KUMC is not able to provide medical consultations or advice through this web site or via the Internet.
- If you think you may be having a medical emergency, immediately contact an emergency responder or qualified health care provider. In the United States, call 911. The information found on this web site should not be used for medical diagnosis or for medical treatment advice.
- Some of the information on this web site is intended to educate you on health care issues that may affect your daily life. This information should not be considered medical advice, and it should not be used as a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider.
Management & Operation of the KUMC Web Site
Web design and management is responsible for the planning, policy, and technical implementation of the web site. The web team, managed by Karen Chinn, works closely with the communications group and the director of communications, Natalie Lutz, who manages communications and media relations for the university.
Copyright or Intellectual Property Violation Issues
Please report any potential copyright issue to:
Chief Information Officer
University of Kansas Medical Center
Kansas City, Kansas 66160
[Agent designation under Digital Millennium Copyright Act is at http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/agents/u/ukmc.pdf ]
Creating or Updating Content on the Web Site
Several units of Information Resources provide services to assist faculty and staff in developing and presenting resources on kumc.edu:
- Teaching and Learning Technologies (ext. 87107) provides assistance to faculty developing educational materials to be presented through the KUMC web site. Teaching and Learning Technologies can also provide assistance in converting educational materials in other formats (both printed and digital) into web resources.
- Web Design and Managment (ext. 87362) provides assistance to faculty and staff in developing and presenting web-based resources; training and consulting in the use of WWW development tools; custom services including programming, forms development, database development, and other technical services. Web design and management is also responsible for the organization of information and the web site's graphical look-and-feel. Please report issues with the web site to Jayhawk Tech Clinic (IT Help Desk) 913-945-9999 option 2.
Hosting Sites on kumc.edu
The University of Kansas Medical Center will, under certain conditions, accept sponsorship of web resources from both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Additionally, the University may choose to host web resources for selected not-for-profit, charitable entities with missions related to public information in the areas of disease and disease management, fitness and wellness, public health, and other related areas. Please see relationships with the greater community for further information.
Archives of Original Designs
The original kumc.edu design was introduced in May of 1995. An archive of previous designs is available for viewing in the Archives.
Dec 26, 2017