Top 6 Highlights from My Experience Attending the AAMC Early-Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar
by Leigh Eck, MD
- Aspects of the program that standout in hindsight:
- I attended a 1/2 day time management session. Very useful tips. Good written resources out there to improve effectiveness which I need to take the time to read.
- Outstanding communication skills are not innate for most people; but they can be learned and practiced. We spent A LOT of time on communication -- all which was very useful.
- Self reflection. The conference allowed for time for self reflection. This was a component of our homework that I find very useful and inspiring.
- Techniques to keep a CV updated. Monthly updates to CV. Scanning supporting paperwork and saving it in files. Backing up these files on a separate drive.
- Time is so precious. I need to make a conscious effort that they way I am spending my time will allow me to reach my goals.
- It is hard to keep all the balls of life in the air. Delegate non-essential items whenever possible.
- Thank you so much for sending me to this conference; again, such a great use of time.
Nov 27, 2012