WIMS Annual Dinner & Professional Development Conference
2014 WIMS Annual Awards Dinner & Silent Auction - Ticket Sales have Closed
2014 Annual Dinner Program
- 5:45 p.m. Silent Auction (cash bar) & Networking Reception
- 6:30 p.m.
- Seating for Dinner (cash bar) & Opening Remarks
- Belinda Vail, MD, 2013-14 WIMS President - WIMS Achievements
- Christine Daley, PhD, 2014-15 WIMS President - WIMS Goals & Upcoming Events
- Award Presentations
- Honorary Guest Speaker
Dinner Questions & Concerns:
- Please contact Regina Esteban or Alexa Smith with questions regarding tickets, table assignments for other concerns about the evening..
- Ticket Sales Closed >>> NOON on August 18, 2014
The University of Kansas Medical Center Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) Organization, under the oversight of the University of Kansas School of Medicine and the University of Kansas Endowment Association, operates as a Section 501(c)3 nonprofit. Without sponsorship our program is not possible. We appreciate and would like to recognize those who have so generously contributed in support of our mission. For more information please visit:
Hold the Dates
August 22, 2014 - WIMS Bi-Annual Retreat for WIMS Leadership and all Committee Members Only
- LOCATION: Beller Conference Center, 1st floor Hemenway Bldg. | 7:30 a.m. (Breakfast Buffet Opens) - 3:30 p.m.
- THEME: Leadership Skills: Learning to Lead WIMS, then on to Leading Others
The WIMS Leadership & Committee Retreat is a professional development training program open to the Leadership of WIMS and various WIMS committee members. Adam Carroll of the Carden Group, will facilitate training this year on skills which will carry over to our members professional career in other departmental or institutional leadership roles. Highlights will include how to successfully work with, chair or serve as a committee member. Mike Keeble, Associate Vice Canellor of Financewill give a global view of the KUMC budget system along with where WIMS fits and how the WIMS budget should function.
If you have questions, please contact Laura Martin, PhD, WIMS Major Events Planning Committee Chair
August 20, 2015 - WIMS Bi-Annual Professional Development Conference, Awards Dinner & Silent Auction
- DINNER & Silent Auction Location TBD | 5:45 - 8:00 p.m.
- CONFERENCE: Friday, August 21, 2015 | Location TBD | 7:30 a.m. (Breakfast Buffet Opens) - Adjourn 2:00 p.m.
The WIMS Professional Development Conference is a bi-annual program designed for professionals (both women and men) with advanced degrees from various fields. The program goal is to enhance knowledge and skills needed to support career growth and provide information which will help individuals overcome many challenges today with achieving success and satisfaction in their chosen careers. The target audience, which be the first of its kind anywhere, aims at participants from both local and regional areas around Kansas City, and include:
- physicians, nurses, basic and clinical scientists and all professionals in health professions who either,
- hold medical, nursing or health profession school faculty appointments and leadership positions within their discipline, department or institution
- are in local or regional private practices
- basic scientists in private bio-medical industries
- attorneys and other legal professionals
- professionals from any field of WiSTEMM
- management level professionals who also work in any of the respective fields
- This conference is not open to students.
August 21, 2015 - Conference AGENDA
- THEME: Cultivating "You, Inc.:" A Clearly Defined Voice to Success
The 2015 complete agenda will be published following the 2014 Awards Dinner.
The WIMS Inter-Professional Leadership Conference in Kansas City is where woman health, science, legal professionals and leaders, along with their Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Health Professions and Law faculty members and trainees learn. It's the next step to take your career from dreaming to doing. Career challenges facing women professionals today and strategic plans to succeed in their chosen fields, along with current medical-legal issues, cross all disciplines and are the aim of this conference.
The goals of this NEW regional inter-professional leadership conference are to:
- celebrate and highlight the presence and accomplishments of women in our region who practice or teach in health care or law, at any university, medical center, private medical practices, law firms or related fields of health sciences and law;
- provide a venue for professional women to share strengths, talents and experience; and
- foster an academic and professional culture which supports the professional and personal development of women attorneys, physicians, nurses, health professionals, and faculty, along with postdoctoral and clinical fellows, law and graduate students in each professional school.
Aug 18, 2014