WIMS Annual Dinner & Professional Development Conference
2014 WIMS Annual Awards Dinner & Silent Auction
5:45 p.m. Silent Auction & Reception Opens
About the Dinner
The evening begins with time to network with friends and colleagues during the Welcome Reception and Silent Auction. Dinner will follow. Our 2013-14 and 2014-15 WIMS presidents will provide updates and awards presentations. The evening will conclude with a presentation by Dr. Bridget McCandless, President and CEO of the Healthcare Foundation of Greater Kansas City. Dr. McCandless will share her experiences and commitment to the health of the underserved and disadvantaged populations she has seen throughout her medical career.
2014 Annual Dinner Program
- 5:45 p.m. Silent Auction (cash bar) & Networking Reception
- 6:30 p.m.
- Seating for Dinner (cash bar) & Opening Remarks
- Belinda Vail, MD, 2013-14 WIMS President
- Christine Daley, PhD, 2014-15 WIMS President
- Award Presentations
- Honorary Guest Speaker
- RESERVE a SEAT for one, or more:
- $50 for faculty/non-faculty professionals and guests
- $40 for trainees (post-docs and residents)
- $25 for students (graduate students, plus medical students who serve on the WIMS EC)
- Sponsor a student ticket for $50 with sponsorship mentioned in the program
- Please provide the name of the student when you purchase your ticket. Their name will be required for check-in at the door the night of the dinner.
- SPONSOR a TABLE for 10 (Please provide the names of your table guests, they will be required for check-in at the door the night of the dinner.)
- $1,000 - Table for 10, signage on the table, recognition in the program and from the podium, and a complimentary drink ticket per guest, plus premium table locations will be assigned closest to the podium as table orders are purchased.
- $750 - Table for 10, signage on the table, recognition in the program and from the podium, plus select table location close to the podium
- $500 - Table for 10 and your group's name signage on the table
Ticket Payment Options:
- Please contact Regina Esteban or Alexa Smith to register and purchase:
- using Mastercard or VISA.
- using an inter-department state or KUEA fund transfer
- Registration and purchase using a personal or department check, please:
- Make check out to WIMS 2014 Annual Dinner
- Deliver to Regina Esteban or Alexa Smith, 5012 Wescoe Pavilion, MS 1040
- Ticket DEADLINE August 12, 2014
The University of Kansas Medical Center Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) Organization, under the oversight of the University of Kansas School of Medicine and the University of Kansas Endowment Association, operates as a Section 501(c)3 nonprofit. Without sponsorship our program is not possible. We appreciate and would like to recognize those who have so generously contributed in support of our mission. For more information please visit:
Hold the Dates
WIMS Bi-Annual Retreat for WIMS Leadership and all Committee Members Only
- RETREAT: Friday August 22, 2014 | Beller Conference Center, 1st floor Hemenway Bldg. | 7:30 a.m. (Breakfast Buffet Opens) - 3:30 p.m.
- THEME: Leadership Skills: Learning to Lead WIMS, then on to Leading Others
The WIMS Committee Retreat is a professional development training program open to the Leadership of WIMS and various WIMS committee members. Adam Carroll of the Carden Group, will facilitate training this year on skills which will carry over to our members professional career in other departmental or institutional leadership roles. Highlights will include how to successfully work with, chair or serve as a committee member. If you have questions, please contact Belinda Vail, MD email@example.com
2015 WIMS Bi-Annual Professional Development Conference, Awards Dinner & Silent Auction
- DINNER & Silent Auction: Thursday, August 20, 2015 | Location TBD | 5:45 - 8:00 p.m.
- CONFERENCE: Friday, August 21, 2015 | Location TBD | 7:30 a.m. (Breakfast Buffet Opens) - Adjourn 2:00 p.m.
The WIMS Professional Development Conference is a bi-annual program designed for professionals (both women and men) with advanced degrees from various fields. The program goal is to enhance knowledge and skills needed to support career growth and provide information which will help individuals overcome many challenges today with achieving success and satisfaction in their chosen careers. The target audience, which be the first of its kind anywhere, aims at participants from both local and regional areas around Kansas City, and include:
- physicians, nurses, basic and clinical scientists and all professionals in health professions who either,
- hold medical, nursing or health profession school faculty appointments and leadership positions within their discipline, department or institution
- are in local or regional private practices
- basic scientists in private bio-medical industries
- attorneys and other legal professionals
- professionals from any field of WiSTEMM
- management level professionals who also work in any of the respective fields
- This conference is not open to students.
2015 Conference AGENDA
The 2015 agenda will be published around the middle of August, 2014 and available at the 2014 Awards Dinner. Click the link in the right column to review the 2013 program, which was targeted only at our KUMC faculty and trainees. Visit WIMS Flickr for all the photos taken at the 2013 dinner and conference and other events and programs over the years.
Jul 10, 2014