WIMS Professional Development Conference
Hold the Dates
August 20, 2015 - WIMS Annual Awards Dinner & Silent Auction
- DINNER & Silent Auction Location TBD | 5:45 - 8:00 p.m.
- CONFERENCE: Friday, August 21, 2015 | Location TBD | 5:45 p.m. Networking Cocktail Hour Opens follwed by Dinner.
August 21, 2015 - Conference AGENDA - to be published soon.
- THEME: Cultivating "You, Inc.:" A Clearly Defined Voice to Success
The WIMS Inter-Professional Leadership Conference next year in Kansas City is where woman professionals and leaders will join with university faculty from schools of medicine, nursing, health, and law to learn, collaborate, and network. Conference topics include current, cross-disciplinary medical and legal issues. The Conference also discusses challenges facing female professionals today and provides participants with tools to develop strategic plans to succeed in their chosen field.
The goals of this NEW regional inter-professional leadership conference are to:
- celebrate and highlight the presence and accomplishments of women in our region who practice or teach in health care or law, at any university, medical center, private medical practices, law firms or related fields of health sciences and law;
- provide a venue for professional women to share strengths, talents and experience; and
- foster an academic and professional culture which supports the professional and personal development of women attorneys, physicians, nurses, health professionals, and faculty, along with postdoctoral and clinical fellows, law and graduate students in each professional school.
The University of Kansas Medical Center Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) Organization, under the oversight of the University of Kansas School of Medicine and the University of Kansas Endowment Association, operates as a Section 501(c)3 nonprofit. Without sponsorship our program is not possible. We appreciate and would like to recognize those who have so generously contributed in support of our mission. For more information please visit:
Dec 12, 2014