In Vitro Fertilization
Responsibilities of the Investigator
- Provide one male or 2 vials/straws of frozen sperm.
- If providing a male for collection of fresh sperm, the male must be of proven fertility.
- Submit a Request Form IVF to initiate your project.
Services Provided by the Facility
- The facility will superovulate wildtype females of the requested strain.
- Harvest oocytes and co-culture with sperm in vitro.
- Transfer resulting two-cell embryos into pseudopregnant recipient females.
- House recipient females and pups to weaning.
Fees for In Vitro Fertilization Service
- $500 per each IVF effort if investigator provides donor females.
- $750 for each effort if TGIF purchases outbred donor females.
- $1000 for each effort if TGIF purchases inbred donor females.
Jan 11, 2012