Human iPS Cell Karyotyping
Responsibilities of the Investigator
- Provide the facility with a frozen vial of ES or iPS cells or a plate of growing cells.
- Provide a protocol for culture of your cells.
- Submit a Request Form in iLabs to initiate your project.
Services Provided by the Facility
The Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Core of the Transgenic and Gene Targeting Institutional Facility conducts a simple chromosome counting procedure to determine the percentage of euploid cells. No advanced karyotypic analysis is offered.
- The facility will culture and arrest embryonic stem cells in metaphase with colcemid.
- We will prepare and count 40 chromosome spreads following a basic Giesma staining protocol.
- The percentage of euploid cells will be provided to the investigator.
Fee for Human iPS Cell Karyotyping Service
- $700 for ES cell karyotyping per clone.
Dec 13, 2016