Responsibilities of the Investigator
- Provide the tail biopsies uniquely labeled and a positive control (either genomic DNA positive for the mutation or the plasmid used to generate the transgenic).
- Provide a proven PCR assay protocol and primers (100ul at 10mM concentration).
- Alternatively, provide the sequence of your target gene, and we will design a PCR reaction.
- Submit a Request Form Geno to initiate your project.
Services Provided by the Facility
- The facility will prep genomic DNA from tail biopsies using the REDExtract-N-Amp Tissue PCR kit (Sigma, cat # XNATS).
- The facility will perform a PCR for detecting the transgene(s) of interest. For an additional fee, a second PCR (GDPH, a housekeeping gene) can be performed to analyze the quality of genomic DNA.
- A report is provided to the investigator with gel documentation of the PCR results.
- If requested, the facility will select primers and optimize the PCR reaction conditions for an additional fee.
Fees for Genotyping Service
- $5.00/biopsy for genomic DNA preparation and PCR analysis (a minimum of $20.00 per requisition).
- $2.50/sample for any additional PCR analysis.
- $100 set up fee to establish a suitable PCR assay if proven PCR conditions are not provided.
Jan 11, 2012