ES Cell Karyotyping
Responsibilities of the Investigator
- Provide the facility with a frozen vial of ES cells or a plate of growing cells.
- Provide a protocol for culture of your ES cells.
- Submit a Request Form Karyo to initiate your project.
Services Provided by the Facility
The Embryonic Stem Cell Core of the Transgenic and Gene-Targeting Facility conducts a simple chromosome counting procedure to determine the percentage of euploid cells. No advanced karyotypic analysis is offered.
- The facility will culture and arrest embryonic stem cells in metaphase with colcemid.
- We will prepare and count 40 chromosome spreads following a basic Giesma staining protocol.
- The percentage of euploid cells will be provided to the investigator.
Fee for Karyotyping Service
- $300 for ES cell karyotyping per clone.
Jan 11, 2012