Responsibilities of the Investigator
- Have a minimum of five proven stud males available for each line.
- If providing female mice, donors must be between three and four weeks of age, provided in groups of at least five.
- Submit a Request Form in iLabs to initiate your project.
Services provided by the facility
Embryo cryopreservation will be accomplished by mating donor female mice to stud males of the line of interest. The facility can purchase wildtype females of either outbred or inbred background, or the investigator can provide the donor females for a reduced fee. (Required if cryopreserving homozygous mice.)
- The facility will superovulate donor female mice and mate to investigator stud males.
- Embryos will be harvested at d 3.5.
- The facility will freeze morula/blastocyst stage embryos in straws with a controlled rate freezer.
- Store straws in liquid nitrogen.
- Thaw test straw to confirm viability of embryos.
- We guarantee a minimum of 250 embryos frozen or three freezing sessions.
Feb 12, 2021