Responsibilities of the Investigator
- Provide the tail biopsies uniquely labeled and a positive control (either genomic DNA positive for the mutation or the plasmid used to generate the transgenic).
- Provide a proven PCR assay protocol and primers (100ul at 10mM concentration).
- Alternatively, provide the sequence of your target gene, and we will design a PCR reaction.
- Submit a Request Form in iLabs to initiate your project.
Services Provided by the Facility
- The facility will prep genomic DNA from tail biopsies using Qiagen's DNeasy Blood & Tissue Kit.
- The facility will select primers and optimize the PCR reaction conditions.
- The facility will perform a PCR for detecting the transgene(s) of interest.
- A report is provided to the investigator with gel documentation of the PCR results.
Nov 05, 2019