Chimeric Mouse Production
Responsibilities of the Investigator
- Obtain IACUC approval for your project before requesting service.
- Discuss cell source with facility directors before beginning project. For requests to inject ES cells not provided by the Facility (including C57BL/6 cells from KOMP and EUCOMM), please contact Melissa Larson prior to obtaining those cells.
- Request karyotyping of your cells prior to injection: Request Form Karyo
- Prepare cells the morning of injection and submit a single cell suspension on ice, or have the facility culture cells for you.
- Develop a reliable genotyping assay (PCR, Southern, or both) for identifying positive mice from tail clippings or ear punches.
- Testing for germline transmission is the responsibility of the investigator.
- Submit a Request Form Blast to initiate your project.
Services Provided by the Facility
- When requested, the facility will expand (Request Form Exp) and prepare cells for injection.
- Previously selected targeted ES clones will be microinjected into C57Bl/6 blastocysts, after which they will be implanted into pseudopregnant females.
- We guarantee to inject and implant at least 60 blastocysts.
- We cannot guarantee the production of chimeric mice, nor their germline potential.
Fee for Chimeric Mouse Production Service
- $2500.00 will be charged after at least 60 blastocysts are injected and implanted.
Aug 29, 2016