Skip redundant pieces
KUMC Student Handbook

Workers Compensation Coverage

Student employees, Graduate Teaching Assistants, and Graduate Research Assistants who receive a State of Kansas payroll check for work performed for the University are covered by the Kansas Workers Compensation Act. Those individuals who are injured during employment related activities should be seen and treated at the Medical Center's Employee Health/Occupational Health offices.

(This statement of coverage does not include individuals who receive checks from Kansas due to being a National Research Scholarship Award (NRSA) recipient or because they are paid a stipend).

Benefits include: Income protection for on-the-job injuries. Payment of medical bills and other benefits specified by the law. $50,000 accidental death benefit.