Policy for Use of Student Health Services
This policy affects KUMC affiliated students who are:
- not currently enrolled in a KUMC course, but have a strong affiliation to the Medical Center and are enrolled on the Lawrence Campus (example: Speech and Hearing Students)
- enrolled on the Lawrence campus, but frequently are at the medical center for student affiliated business (example: pharmacy students)
- enrolled in an on-line course(s) only (example: PhD nursing students)
- enrolled on a University of Kansas campus that does not have a student center (example: Edwards Campus students)
- recently graduated from School or Nursing, Graduate Studies or Allied Health program who have the Student Insurance plan. *
- taking a school approved leave of absence and have valid and active Student Health Insurance plan.
Any of these students can elect to pay the same rate for services as Spouses and Partners. The rate is $100.00 per fall and spring semesters and $50.00 for summer semester. For any person paying for the entire year, the rate is discounted to $225.00. This is slightly higher than the student rate to allow for extra work in tracking and collection of fees.
*Effective August 1, 2008 we will no longer see children at the Student Health Center. We will continue to provide services to spouses and partners of currently enrolled students.
*For those students who have recently graduated and have a valid and active Student Insurance plan, they can elect to pay the summer rate of $50.00 to receive services June 1-August 1.
Apr 21, 2014