Medical Records Policy
The following are hospital-wide procedures for copying and faxing medical records:
- All medical records requested by a health care provider for the purpose of continuity of care are free of charge.
- An entire medical record requested by a student for any purpose will cost a customary fee of $5.00 minimum for the first 20 pages plus $0.35 for each additional page. This fee must be paid prior to the receipt of records.
- Students requesting medical records must first consent by completing a release of information form.
- All students requesting records must provide proper identification and specify date of service or reason for the request.
- All records being faxed will be proceeded by a complete cover sheet including the requestor's name. A copy of the fax will be filed in the student's medical record. Requested materials will be faxed only to health care providers for the purpose of continuity of care.
Confidentiality Statement: All medical information within the medical record is the property of the patient. This information is considered confidential and will not be released to anyone other than the patient or a healthcare provider for the purpose of continuity of care.
Release of information to the University of Kansas Medical Center
Release of information from the University of Kansas Medical Center
Jan 29, 2013