Enrollment requirements may be fulfilled by making an appointment with Student Health Services. Gather your immunization records and click here or call 913-588-1941 to make an appointment. Student Health will perform all necessary tests, examinations and blood work and assist you in filling out all required forms.
If you prefer to use your personal healthcare provider to fulfill your requirements, please follow these steps:
1. Gather your immunization records.
2. Click on the health form that matches your program of study:
3. Take the printed health records to your healthcare provider.
4. Ask your provider to complete a physical exam and sign the printed health form that certifies your immunizations.
5. If serology (blood work) is required, ask your provider to perform the blood work and provide you with a copy of the lab report.
6. Click here to complete your online forms using the health form signed by your provider as a reference.
7. Mail the signed health form and copies of your lab work and immunization records to:
KUMC Student Health, 1012 Student Center, MS 4044, 3901 Rainbow Blvd., Kansas City, KS 66160
or fax your information to 913-588-1943
COMMUNICABLE DISEASE POLICY FOR NEW AND CONTINUING STUDENTS
All enrolled students with a communicable disease that may affect the health and safety of others MUST advise Student Health Services through the Student Health Center (SHC). Examples of communicable diseases under this policy include, but are not limited to, Viral Hepatitis, MRSA Infections, TB, and mumps. Prior to participation in school activities, all students are required to have their communicable disease risk status assessed. Students with a known communicable disease may be asked to consent to release appropriate medical records, be evaluated in person with a history and physical in the SHC, obtain diagnostic testing or be referred to a specialist depending on the nature of the communicable disease. The student is responsible for any costs (some of which may be covered by medical insurance) involved in evaluation of his/her condition.
The Staff at the SHC has an obligation to support the welfare of patients, other students, faculty and staff on the KUMC campus. Therefore, a decision about the risk the student poses to the health and safety of others on the KUMC campus or while performing student duties at an affiliated institution will be the responsibility of the SHC Staff.
If there are restrictions or accommodations that need to occur, the school and/or the Equal Opportunity Office will be contacted concerning SHC recommendations without giving specific medical information unless the student signs consent for release of such medical information. The school will be the final determinate of any accommodations that can be reasonably made to allow a student to participate to the fullest potential and complete their education requirements without compromising the health, safety and welfare of others on the KUMC campus and affiliates.