Kansas City Campus Visiting Medical Students Acceptance Information
This information is for students who have been fully accepted to rotate at the Kansas City campus:
We hope that you find your elective experience at KUMC enjoyable. Your clinical department will contact you prior to the start of the rotation with specific departmental information about when and where to report on the first day. The following is list of items that you need to review prior to your rotation.
- Official Enrollment-approximately 2-3 business days after you have accepted the rotation, you will be officially enrolled at KUMC.
- KUMC Network Account and Email-Shortly after you are enrolled, a network username and password will be created for you and sent to the email address that you supplied in VSAS. Please make sure you change your password soon after receiving the email. Your KUMC email can be accessed via KUMC Homepage. If you have any issues with your username and password, please contact Jayhawk Tech Clinic (IT Help Desk) at 913-588-7995.
- $50 Visiting Student Fee-You will receive a notice via your KUMC email account when your bill is available. This can happen prior or during the rotation. You are responsible to make fee payment arrangements by the due date specified on the bill to avoid late payment fees.
- Cancellation of Your Rotation-If you have to cancel the rotation, you must notify email@example.com of the cancellation two weeks prior to the start of the rotation. Failure to notify in a timely fashion or not showing up to the rotation will result in your home school's student affairs dean being notified.
- An ID badge will be issued on the first day of your elective rotation and you must relinquish your ID badge on the last day. You should wear your badge on your white coat at all times while on the Medical Center campus. If you are unable to access a restricted area of KUMC that you need access to, please contact your Clerkship Administrator.
- O2/Epic training must be completed prior to your first day. You will be provided training instructions by e-mail approximately one week prior to the start of your elective rotation. You will need your network username and password to complete the online LMS training modules.
- If an evaluation of your elective rotation is required by your home institution, please provide the form to Clerkship Administrator on the first day of the rotation or inform them that an evaluation form will be sent by your home institution prior to the end of the elective rotation.
By accepting the rotation in VSAS, you are agreeing to be responsible for the items listed in this document. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I receive extra malpractice coverage from KUMC?
We do not provide extra malpractice coverage for visiting students if they do not have the level of coverage that we require. You might talk to your home school officials to see if they can help you secure additional coverage.
Does KUMC provide housing for visiting medical students?
KUMC does not have on-campus housing and visiting medical students are responsible for securing their own housing. KUMC does provide a housing classified ad service at http:www2.kumc.edu/classifieds/housingads/ and http://www.rotatingroom.com is an non-KUMC service for finding sublets.
Where can I park on-campus?
Visiting students may purchase a temporary student parking permit from Parking Services. Visiting students are not allowed to park in visitor parking garages after their first day on campus. Parking Services Website
Are meals provided to visiting medical students?
Meals are not provided to visiting medical students. The KUMED hospital has a cafeteria and there are many restaurants adjacent to the KUMC campus.
Jun 15, 2014