In order to plan for the year, student organizations should plan meetings with members to review goals. The frequency of meetings will be determined by what the group hopes to accomplish in a given year.
Here are a few helpful tips to running a successful meeting:
- Keep meetings short and productive by following an agenda
- Publicize the agenda ahead of time using e-mail or your organization’s website
- Create an expectation that meetings start and end on time
- Always introduce new members by name and welcome them
- Keep group discussion on track
- Personal issues should be addressed outside the meeting
- Summarize tasks and individual assignments before adjourning
- Set the date and time of your next meeting before adjourning
Post minutes on your website or send them via email to all group members, especially those not in attendance to keep everyone informed and on the same page.
Aug 08, 2012