Individuals may enroll in KUMC undergraduate or graduate-level courses for their own enjoyment and not for the attainment of a degree as an "auditing student." If you enroll as an auditing student, the university will issue a grade of "NE" or "Not Evaluated" for all courses you take that semester. A grade of "NE" signifies the inability of those courses to be used towards a degree or to be transferred to another university.
- Students enrolling in courses for university credit can not also audit a course during the same semester.
- A $100 non-refundable auditing student fee is assessed each semester a student audits a course(s). Auditing students are not assessed regular tuition or the KUMC Required Campus Fee and do not have access to campus student services.
- In order to audit a course(s), the student must have the approval of the instructor.
- An auditing student can not enroll in more than 6 hours in a given semester.
- Late enrollment and payment fees apply.
- Courses taken for audit can not be retroactively changed to count towards a degree.
- Applications are not processed until one week before the first day of classes.
- The Office of the Registrar will contact the auditing student regarding their enrollment status once the application has been processed.
KUMC Application for Auditing A Course (PDF)
Any questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 913-588-7055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nov 02, 2016