The Writing Center at KUMC
At the Writing Center, our goal is to make you a better writer. With individualized, one-on-one feedback on your written work, you receive expert advice about writing and connecting to readers in your profession.
For students and residents, we offer the following services:
- Individual Appointments: One-on-one help on specific writing projects (e.g., class assignments, capstones, theses, articles for publications, personal statements) and coaching to overcome challenges in writing including brainstorming, suggestions for revising, and lots of dialogue about the craft of writing. We don't edit or proofread; we teach the skills you need to improve your work.
- Online Video Appointments: For those unable to get to campus
- Writing Workshops: Interactive sessions on writing topics and the writing process
- Writers Groups: Support and feedback from peers
For faculty, we offer the following support:
- A 15-minute overview of Writing Center services
- Consultation on writing assignments, rubrics, and more
- Class visits: presentations on writing skills
Our service is free for all current KUMC students and residents.
Jul 01, 2015