Considering KU Step Prep? Find out now why other students choose KU Step Prep for their USMILE Step I preparation. >>watch the video
Check out what students have to say about Counseling and Educational Support. watch the video >>
Content connections and question groups are great ways for medical students to build their knowledge.
Annual events open to students and residents, such as the Sexuality Conference, are a way for students and residents to enhance their practice.
Counseling and Educational Support Services
We provide support to students, medical residents and medical fellows as they pursue their professional goals. Our approach to excellence in service is proactive, collaborative, confidential and respectful.
All psychological and educational services are provided at no cost to students, residents, and fellows. Our staff consists of three learning specialists, three Ph.D.-level psychologists, two doctoral counseling practicum students, a writing specialist, and a career development specialist.
- Psychological Services: Our psychologists help you address students' emotional and interpersonal issues, including managing stress, relationships, and transitions.
- Psychiatric Services: We provide psychiatric services such as evaluations, consultations, and medication follow-up meetings.
- Educational Support Services: Our learning specialists help students with studying and test-taking strategies and more.
- Career Services: We assist students in individual professional advising appointments covering topics such as career path planning, job searching, interviews, salary negotiation, and more.
- Writing Services: Writing consultation consists of brainstorming, organizing your thoughts, revision, and lots of dialogue. We teach the skills you need to improve your work.
Jan 28, 2015