Accommodations for Campus Activities
Policy for accommodated campus activities:
Campus activities that will qualify for accommodations are those which are a required part of a student's academic program. Services on campus which are available for all students and support a student's program may qualify for accommodations.
- Students who wish to have accommodations for activities which are required for their academic program should contact Cynthia Ukoko in the Academic Accommodations Services (AAS) office at 913-945-7035. For procedures to qualify for accommodations, please see the AAS website at www.kumc.edu/accommodations.
- Staff in the AAS office will evaluate the request and let the student know whether the activity qualifies for an accommodation.
- The student should arrange for the accommodation by contacting the sponsoring entity that is providing the activity.
Guidelines for identifying qualifying activities:
- Is the activity on campus or off campus?
- Is the activity sponsored by a KUMC entity?
- Is the activity mandated by the student's department? If yes,
- What percent of the student's grade is allotted to the activity? Please provide a copy of the syllabus for the course.
- Has the student exhausted all other options to satisfy this mandate?
Nov 19, 2013