Military and Veteran Honor Cords
KU Medical Center honors those who serve or have honorably served in the U.S. Armed Forces with Military and Veteran Honor Cords to wear at graduation.
These red, white and blue cords are a special recognition to show KU Medical Center's gratitude and respect for the men and women who have made an unwavering commitment to both their nation and their academic studies.
This is a voluntary program. Students and faculty attending graduation must apply and pick up a cord. Cords will be provided at no cost to eligible students and faculty in the spring.
Sign up to receive notification on cord distribution dates
- If you are an eligible student planning on graduating next spring, be sure to fill out our military self-identification form so we can keep you informed.
If you have applied for graduation and are one of the following:
- Honorably discharged veteran student
- Currently serving military student (Active, Guard, Reserves)
What we need to verify status
- DD-214 (veterans) or valid military ID card (Active/Guard/Reserve)
Where/when to pick up cords
Cords will be available early May.
- KC campus: Office of the Registrar, G035 Dykes Library
- Faculty can pick up cords in 1011 Murphy the week prior to graduation
- Wichita campus: Academic & Student Affairs
- Salina campus: See Lucy
- Stop by the Office of the Registrar, G035 Dykes Library on the KC campus. Wichita students, visit the Academic & Student Affairs office in Wichita; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.