Here is a collection of sites containing scholarship information specifically for military, veterans and their families.
- KU Medical Center Scholarship resources for all students
- KU's Melba Rose (Lungstrom) Morris Nursing Scholarship – Read the story behind the scholarship here.
- Kansas Board of Regents Scholarship Information – Most have a priority deadline of May 1.
- National Guard Educational Assistance Program Application (fifth one down on the KBOR list)
- Military.com Educational Assistance Programs Information
- Military Officers Association of America Education Assistance
- The American Legion Scholarships
- Air Force Association Scholarships
- Army Nurse Corps Association Scholarships
- Coast Guard Mutual Assistance – Grants, loans and scholarships
- VFW "Sports Clips Help A Hero Scholarship" for E-5 or below military/veterans, given twice a year
- AMVETS Scholarships for Veterans and Dependents
- Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America (AVVA) Better Chance Scholarship – VVA or AVVA member; spouse, child/grandchild of a member; or the spouse, child/grandchild of a KIA or MIA Vietnam veteran.
- Military Spouse Scholarships – Opens December 1.
- CollegeScholarships.org - Provides links to numerous scholarship opportunities based on military service or dependent status.
- Tillman Military Scholars - Opens in February
For undergraduates only
- Kansas Board of Regents Military Service Scholarship for undergraduate Kansas-resident students who served in OIF/OEF/Operation Noble Eagle. Priority deadline is May 1.
- Scholarships for military children – Check in December of each year for program details.
- Army Emergency Relief Scholarships for spouses and dependent children – Deadline is May 1.
- Air Force Aid Society – Scholarships, grants, loan programs for current and retired Air Force service members, spouses and dependent children
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation – for undergraduate and non-degree certificate programs
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society – Interest-free loans and grants
- Jewish War Veterans of the USA – For high school seniors who are the children, grandchildren and/or great-grandchildren of members.
For wounded service members and family members of wounded/deceased service members only
- KU's Wounded Warrior Scholarship for wounded warriors and their family members (eligible KU Medical Center students may also apply).
- Kansas application for a waiver of tuition/fees for dependents and spouses of deceased military personnel
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship for children of post-9/11 fallen service members
- Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation scholarships
Last modified: Mar 15, 2016