Individuals may enroll in KUMC undergraduate or graduate-level courses for their own enjoyment and not for the attainment of a degree as an "auditing student." If you enroll as an auditing student, the university will issue a grade of "NE" or "Not Evaluated" for all courses you take that semester. A grade of "NE" signifies the inability of those courses to be used towards a degree or to be transferred to another university.
- Students enrolling in courses for university credit can not also audit a course during the same semester.
- A $100 non-refundable auditing student fee is assessed each semester a student audits a course(s). Auditing students are not assessed regular tuition or the KUMC Required Campus Fee and do not have access to campus student services.
- In order to audit a course(s), the student must have the approval of the instructor.
- An auditing student can not enroll in more than 6 hours in a given semester.
- Late enrollment and payment fees apply.
- Courses taken for audit can not be retroactively changed to count towards a degree.
- Applications are not processed until one week before the first day of classes.
- The Office of the Registrar will contact the auditing student regarding their enrollment status once the application has been processed.
Any questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 913-588-7055 or email@example.com.