Office of the Student Ombudsman
The Ombudsman's office offers a safe place where our student community members may discuss problems or issues within the University. The Ombudsman treats all inquiries as confidential, as described in our Ethical Principles. We assist visitors in several ways:
- Provide a welcoming environment to listen to visitors concerns
- Provide information on University policies and practices
- Provide information on how to make the University aware of a particular problem
- Discuss and assist the visitor in evaluating available options
- Refer the visitor to the proper authority to resolve the situation
- Facilitate constructive dialogue
- While maintaining confidentiality, provide upward feedback to the administration (or others in authority) when a systemic issue or trend occurs
The Ombudsman assists visitors in a variety of ways consistent with our mission. The Ombudsman does not take a side in disputes. Overall, the Ombudsman is an advocate for fairness and equity.
The Ombudsman is available for all students at the University of Kansas Medical Center, including the Wichita and Salina campuses.
Office of Academic and Student Affairs
To make an appointment, please call 913.588.4698.