Professional Development Funds
As part of the Faculty and Staff Enhancement Program, the KU School of Nursing offers faculty and staff members personal funds to use at their discretion, in addition to other financial support currently provided by the School for professional activities.
- Professional development funds are allotted for the fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- Full-time faculty members in the KU School of Nursing are allotted $500 per fiscal year. Part-time faculty (.40 FTE or greater) and staff members are allotted $300 per fiscal year.
- Funds may be used in part or completely throughout the fiscal year, but the funds may not be rolled over into a new fiscal year. A new balance of available funds will start over at each new fiscal year.
Types of expenses approved for the professional development funds:
- Registration for conferences, workshops, meetings, seminars/webinars
- Class tuition (must pre-approved, subject to taxation)
- Travel expenses for professional meetings/conferences
Devices purchased for individual use, such as laptops or e-readers, are subject to taxation and require pre-approval.
Cell phones and licensure fees are NOT allowable expenses.
To access funds:
- Submit a check request form , describing your activity or purchase along with documentation (receipts, agendas, etc.) to Sally Sedarous in the Business Affairs Office, located at G050 School of Nursing.
- Request direct deposit using the ACH form .
Account balances for each individual will be maintained by the Business Affairs Office. Questions about the professional development funds can be directed to Sally Sedarous, (913) 588-1611.
In order to promote and encourage attendance at KU School of Nursing Continuing Education programs, the Think-Pair-Share option offers two ways to take advantage of discounted programming while using your personal Professional Development funds.
- If you join with a student or other faculty member, both attendees can attend a KU School of Nursing Continuing Education program for half price!
- OR -
- If you sign up for two programs and attend by yourself, your second program is free.
For more information about the Think-Pair-Share option, please contact the Dean's Office, (913) 588-1601.
Jan 31, 2014