How to Apply
Doctor of Nursing Practice
The following materials are required for application to the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program. Prospective students can apply using the KU Medical Center Online Application.
- Graduate application to the School of Nursing, online at
- $60 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcript(s) of all college coursework (must show conferral of undergraduate degree).
- Letter clearly stating applicant's detailed personal objectives and specific career goals.
- Three letters of reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, describing the applicant's educational and experiential background. Include information about the following: education, certification/licensure, work experience, clinical leadership, community/organizational involvement, scholarship/research, and honors/awards.
- Evidence of current registered nurse licensure in at least one state of the United States. Upon admission, students will need to meet additional licensure and participation requirements. Please see the section regarding enrollment in nursing courses for more information.
- An informational on-campus or telephone interview with a School of Nursing representative. To schedule an appointment, call 913-588-1619.
All applications must be received by Dec. 1 for the Summer 2014 semester.
- Admission decisions are finalized approximately six weeks after the application deadline. All applicants are then notified of their admission status with mailed letters from the Associate Dean for Student Affairs.
Feb 26, 2014