Clinical Conditions Overview
Our expertise is demonstrated in many fields of urology, including: prostate cancer, robotic prostatectomy, bladder and kidney cancer, female urology and incontinence, kidney and bladder stones, laparoscopy and minimally invasive surgery, erectile dysfunction and penile surgery, vasectomy reversal microsurgery (vasovasostomy and vasoepididymostomy), male infertility and sperm retrieval techniques, vasectomy, BPH, urethral strictures, bladder neuromodulation, geriatric urology and pediatric urology. What are the facts?
- The Department of Urology consistently rates as one of the highest patient satisfaction scores at 95%, as reported by Press Ganey, and 95% of the patients seen by our physicians would recommend our practice to a friend or family member.
- The University of Kansas Medical Center Department of Urology is the only medical center in the region offering specialists in every area of urology, and is a major referral center with a large experience in all types of urological care. We have nationally recognized clinicians and researchers within their respective field, as reflected in the numerous publications, book chapters, national presentations, editorial positions for medical journals, and awards.
- The only center in Kansas City with nationally recognized fellowship-trained surgeons in urologic cancer presently using the robot for prostate, bladder and kidney surgery.
- A fellowship-trained specialist in endoscopy for stones and minimally invasive surgery.
- The only fellowship-trained specialist in urologic trauma and reconstruction in the Kansas City Metro and the region.
- A nationally recognized fellowship-trained specialist in male infertility, microsurgery, and men's sexual health in the Kansas City Metro and region.
- The only two fellowship-trained specialists in female incontinence and female urologic issues in the Kansas City Metro and region.
- A nationally recognized specialist in the care of urologic diseases in the elderly.
Our nationally known group of urologists pride themselves on their expertise and innovations that lead to the best urologic care for you and your family. We strive to maximize knowledge and experience for the patients and is why we all work in the University system. We strive to deliver ethical, comprehensive, state-of-the-art care for all urologic conditions. In an effort to deliver the finest care possible, we believe in exploring all therapeutic alternatives, including well-established conventional treatments, complementary medical therapy, and new therapies considered to be "cutting edge", such as complex microsurgery, advanced laparoscopy with robotics, lasers, and nerve stimulation (neuromodulation). Patients are referred to the Dept of Urology from the Midwest region for complex cases and for the surgical experience. Experience and knowledge - actions do speak louder than words, and we put into practice what we teach every day.
Female Urology / Incontinence
Minimally Invasive Surgery / Robotic Surgery
Prostate Enlargement (BPH)