Department Procedure for Promotion and Tenure
The following steps should be followed to be supported for promotion and tenure in the Department of Surgery.
- Update University Curriculum Vitae Form annually and submit with your Annual Faculty Assessment Summary Form to Chair of Surgery.
- Discuss with the Chair of Surgery your intention to go up for promotion before completion of the registration document.
- Meet with the Chair of the Departmental P&T Committee Chair before completion of the registration document.
- Attend one of the P&T Training Sessions provided by the Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development office. Training sessions will be posted on the Faculty Development Training Calendar.
- Submit an updated CV and list of five references to the Department P&T Committee by July 15.
- Receive verification of the Department P&T Committee's Support of your application by August 1.
- Submit your application and supporting documents online by the University deadline, usually September 1.
Department P&T Committee Members
- Jameson Forster, MD, FACS, FRCS, Professor of Surgery - P&T Committee Chair
- Michael Moncure, MD, FACS, Professor of Surgery
- Carol Conner, MD, FACS, Associate Professor of Surgery
- Kurt P. Schropp, MD, FAAP Associate Professor of Surgery
Nov 27, 2013