Resources for Current Students
Our curriculum at the School of Medicine prepares students for the rigors of 21st century medicine. During the past several years, we have invested in technology as never before and have revamped our education program using an interdisciplinary, patient-centered model. With this approach, our students are trained as exceptional critical thinkers who can analyze challenging problems, formulate effective plans of action, and provide optimal clinical care.
Calendars, curriculum and educational objectives
- KU School of Medicine Academic Calendars - Kansas City - lecture and lab details subject to change as per course directors.
- M1-M4 Phase II Calendars
- Phase I Curriculum - years one and two
- Phase II Curriculum - years three and four
- Curriculum Diagram (PDF)
- Rural Medical Education Opportunities
- Competencies for Graduates of the University of Kansas School of Medicine
Personal, academic and professional development
- KU Medical Alumni Academic Societies
- Academic Standards
- Career Advising and Professional Development
- MED SOS - career advising and professional development guide
- Policies, Procedures and Manuals
- Research, Fellowship and Externship Opportunities
- Residency Information
- Scholarships, Loans and Contests
Graduate Medical Education
The Graduate Medical Education office oversees residency and fellowship programs at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
The Office of Medical Education manages, coordinates and evaluates the medical school curriculum.
The Office of Rural Medical Education coordinates education opportunities in rural settings for students in each year of medical school.
The Office of Student Affairs assists KU School of Medicine students in their personal, academic and professional development.